The University of Jos chapter of ASUU donated Hand Sanitizers and Handbills to some important stakeholders in Plateau State and urged for more collaborations between the Union and the Government of Plateau State; stating they are very ready to avail themselves and their expertness where the government feels the need to produce it amass.
The presentation was made on the 1st of April 2020 by ASUU, University of Jos Chapter as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.
The SGS and Secretary of the Plateau State Task Force on COVID-19, Professor Danladi Atu received the donations made on behalf of His Excellency the Governor of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong. He stated that the State Government will collaborate with the University of Jos in the following areas;
- Mass production of quality Sanitizers
- Mass production of facemasks
- Enlightenment and Education of the general public.
- Research for a lasting solution to the Pandemic.
Some Beneficiaries from of ASUU’s donations include:
- NURTW Plateau State branch
- NLC Plateau State branch
- Christian Association of Nig.
- REP of the Muslim community
- Universty of Jos
- Bingham University Teaching Hospital
- Plateau Express Services Ltd.